The human body especially the lower half contains some of the biggest the most, strongest muscles which are capable of carrying heavy loads or weight. For any individual who is looking to start an exercise program at home or at a gym, there is a temptation to immediately start working out fast and hard. When you start workout program this is not advisable as you can hurt your body before you start working out. For lower body exercises, start by working out the main muscle groups in your legs and your lower back by using weightlifting machines that target the main muscle groups slowly so that you can get the results that you desire. What I mean by this is that if you start on squads and go all-out on this you will experience immediate pain and soreness in your quad muscles that will cause you to burnout and end your workout program. I am not saying that doing squats by itself is all bad by that you should learn how to properly train your other muscles in your legs and lower backs before you start to do squads; give it about a month or two down the road so that you will know how to lift squads properly so you do not strain your lower back or pull any muscles in your leg.
I will briefly discuss in this article some of the basic anatomy of the lower portion of the human body because these are divided into five main muscle groups, and they are:
1. Calf Muscle. These two muscles that are just located on the back portions of the leg just below the hamstring may seem small and insignificant but if you include calf muscle workouts in your routine, you will jump higher and run more faster.
2. Gluteus Maximus. The muscles in this area make up your buttocks.
3. Hamstring muscle. It is important that you become well familiar with this muscle group in your legs because if you don’t you can suffer serious injury to this muscle.
4. The hip flexor muscle group. This type of muscle is small and it is located in the front pelvic region of the lower body. What this muscle does is that it can help you to raise both of your legs.
5. Quad muscle group. This group of muscles is the workhorse for your entire lower body as it can help you to do squads, leg press exercises and other lower body workouts.
It is extremely important to know the top muscles that are contained in your lower back and your legs so that you can know what type of workouts that you need to focus on in order to reach achieve the results that you want. For the rookies who want to learn how to strengthen their lower regions I will provide some simple workouts that you can do at home or at the gym that will get you the results that you desire and here they are:
1. The leg press exercise is extremely useful workout that will work out the three muscle groups: the quads, the hamstring muscles and small portions of the gluteus maximus muscle. The actual work out him and you need to do is 10 to 20 reps for only one set.
2. Now if you want to add size and definition to your quad muscles in your legs, then you need to do the leg extension workout. I would recommend you should aim for 10 to 20 reps for only three sets.
3. To help build your hamstring muscles you need to find a weightlifting machine that will help you to do hamstring curls. This exercise machine will isolate the hamstring muscle group so you need to do three sets of 10 to 20 reps.
4. Earlier in this article I talked about the importance of the calf muscle that it will help you to jump higher and run faster, in order to achieve this you need to do the standing calf raise exercise, at home or in the gym, 10 to 20 reps for only three sets.
5. For another exercise that will help strengthen the lower portion of the calf muscle is called the seated calf raise and you need to do 10 to 20 reps for only three sets.
Now that I have for talked about the different muscle groups in your lower body and the type of exercises that you need to focus on here is what your workout schedule should look like:
Day one: Abdominal, biceps and back workouts
Day two: Abdominal, shoulders and hamstring muscle workouts
Day three: Forearms, Calf and Quadriceps muscle workouts
Day four: Abdominal, chest and triceps muscle group workouts
Now this workout schedule includes upper body workouts but the thing is that if you focus mainly on your lower body workouts you would definitely would look silly as people will see you with this fit lower body but flabby, gangly upper body. You do not want this to happen to you.
So you see it is important that you should work not only the upper part of the body but the lower part also so that you can achieve the fitness results that you have always wanted.